Thursday, July 5, 2012

Do-It-Yourself Garden Art

 I thought I would share some of my garden projects today. New purposes for old things makes for splendid yard art. Have fun and leave me a message if you want any details.


Yellow chair: this old lawn chair came with the house. I primed and spray painted it this happy color. It sits in Vinca Vine, which gets covered in purple flowers in the spring and has the magneta clematis backdrop in the summer.
 I found the bench base at Goodwill, complete with a really ugly cover. Beneath the cover was an even uglier cover and foam that smelled funny so it got tossed. I used scrap tile to make the mosaic top. The black grout is 'sanded ' and holds up better when there are gaps larger than 1/8th of an inch.

 This is a metal bird bath made from scrap odds and ends glued together. There are three plates, one lamp base, a jello mold, two candlesticks,a bowl, and an incense burner. It is very hot on little bird feet in the sun so it now sits under a tree.

 I have seven chairs with seats removed, painted blue, to help support my peonies.


This is the other lawn chair that came with the house. I'm slowly covering it with glass beads and wire. Chester claimed the hose as his nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment